The Älmhult district offers many possibilities for unforgettable fishing adventures. For all lakes marked out in the map below it is possible to fish if you buy a licence. Click on the markers and follow the link for more information about every lake.
Woodland Fishing offers guided fishing trips to the best waters in Älmhult and its surroundings. Fishing is offered both from boat and kayak and the experience is tailored for the prevailing conditions and customers requests. Read more on Woodland fishing's own website and get inspired on their instagram.
All fishing-grounds are private, but a permit (fishing-licence) for the appropriate stretch of water will give you the right to fish, generally with angling rods, spinning rods and jigs.
* The permit must be shown on demand to authorized inspectors. Failure to do so may result in the confiscation of your fishing equipment.
* Trout-fishing is not allowed between 1 October and 28 February.
* Sheatfish (freshwater catfish) is protected at all times.
* Importing fish or other animals to be used as bait to Sweden is forbidden.
* If you launch your own boat in one of the municipality's lakes, be sure to have it flushed thoroughly beforehand so you do not risk spreading invasive species!
Local fishing-grounds will generally have specific by-laws as to fishing methods, minimum catch size, protected areas and times of the year prohibited for fishing. You are advised to ask for the relevant information when buying your fishing-licence or permit.